Lunch links: Recruiting's darker side
July, 10, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
NCAA release date! Best day of the college football summer, folks.
- Recruiting is important, but Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman looks at its darker side.
- Kansas State AD John Currie takes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star through the ways he's shaped Kansas State into the nation's most profitable athletic department.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman notes the family connection that's brought the latest commit into Oklahoma State's corral.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail introduces you to WVU assistant Daron Roberts, who has embraced the new world of Twitter. Here's his account, by the way. Casazza also talks Shawne Alston, who bucks a spread offense trend to find his place in the Mountaineers' attack.
- Dallas Cowboys fans: Could former Baylor receiver Josh Gordon be Tony Romo's new No. 3 target?
- The Dallas Morning News pieced together the All-Time All-Big 12 team. With photos!
- Texas Tech safety Cody Davis talks about life in the offseason for an athlete.
- Don't forget to vote for your best game of 2011.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman warns: Be ready for some intriguing stuff from Fort Worth.