Lunch links: Forecasting TCU/WVU future
July, 11, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not." -- Mark Twain
- Iowa State would like to remind you why it's up for an ESPY tonight.
- How have schools fared over history in their first year in their new leagues? Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman turns back the clock.
- I'm trying to think of something more ridiculous in college football than giving death threats over a kid decommitting from your school, but my mind is blanking. Good story on a sad subject here.
- Kansas defensive coordinator Dave Campo is out to prove he can be great again, and the road back will be tough, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
- Texas Tech wants to provide a better show for its season-ticket holders, and players are handing out the tickets themselves this summer. Very cool idea from the Red Raiders.
- New Longhorns running back Johnathan Gray was named the Gatorade male national high school athlete of the year.
- A different scheme means linebacker competition is heating up at Kansas. Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World tries to sort it all out.
- Sooner Heisman winner Sam Bradford was back in Norman this week for his camp, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman. Learn more about The Oklahoman's new writer here.
- Former Texas Tech running back Baron Batch writes a touching story about when a good deed grew into something much, much more.
- Oklahoma's lieutenant governor talked a little smack toward the Longhorns at the end of a speech in Stillwater this week, flashing the "Horns Down" sign.
- The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell tracks the odd connection between Oklahoma State and Lamar in Beaumont, Texas.
- Iowa State receiver Aaron Horne took some time to answer questions from fans on Facebook.
- The Austin American-Statesman pegs Texas at No. 19 in its preseason poll.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey walks through a simulated OU season on EA Sports' "NCAA Football 13", where the funniest part is OU facing off against Heisman winner Isaiah Crowell and Georgia in the Fiesta Bowl. Anthony Slater takes you through Oklahoma State's simulated season. Look away, Pokes.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State