Lunch links: Odd departure at TCU
July, 13, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
We'll all remember where we were when that tornado hit that handgun factory.
- Colleague Travis Haney ranks the nation's head coaches, and K-State fans, you'll like this one. Good list.
- Odd story here: TCU's linebackers coach resigned suddenly. He might be replaced by former Miami coach Randy Shannon, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman checks in on West Virginia and its road to its new territory in the Big 12.
- SI.com's Stewart Mandel sorts college football into tiers by team.
- Some Oklahoma State players took time out to visit a children's hospital this week, reports R.J. Young of The Oklahoman. Here's a photo gallery.
- Is West Virginia in position to make a run to the national title? Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian gets the Mountaineers' take on the issue.
- We could see upgrades to KU's stadium soon, but not at the request of Charlie Weis, who is absolutely right about the view from atop the stadium. Best in the Big 12 by far. Weis also wants to focus on defensive depth in the fast-paced Big 12.
- Here's what the new Cotton Bowl could look like by September 2013. Snazzy.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoma has a few notes from OU's roster release. Chief among them? Suspended receivers aren't on it.
- Brent Shirley of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram caught up with new Longhorn Johnathan Gray, who was stargazing at the ESPYs in LA this week.
- Kansas State still hasn't released Manese Foketi, who is trying to transfer. I don't understand what's going on here. Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal tries to sort it out.