Lunch links: Media days Day 1 roundup
July, 24, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Who are you looking forward to hearing from today?
- Big 12 officials don't have much doubt. The road back for Penn State is going to be long and painful, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- What's the difference between the Big East Media Day and Big 12 Media Days? Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette explains.
- Bob Stoops fancies himself a football coach, but knows when it comes to Penn State, children should be protected above all.
- If you'd forgotten, Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads was one of the architects of West Virginia's greatest torment. Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail gets you up to speed.
- Don't know much about TCU quarterback Casey Pachall? Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has a nice introduction.
- Collin Klein's only been married two days, but made a stop at media days on the way to his honeymoon, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- The Border Showdown is gone, but could the Sunflower Showdown pick up the slack?
- The Red River Rivalry isn't going anywhere, and that's good news to Stoops' ears.
- TCU is in a new world, but it's still the underdog. That's nothing new, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Paul Myerberg of PreSnap Read previews Baylor's attempt to sustain success without the program's greatest star.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle caught up with K-State's special teams coordinator and Bill Snyder's son at media days.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked more about why he thinks going to the Big 12 is a horrible idea for the Tigers.
- Oklahoma's last big win? It's been awhile, writes Steve Greenberg of Sporting News.
- The Insight Bowl is now the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
- Oklahoma QB Landry Jones opens up about married life with Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.