Lunch links: Is West Virginia overrated?
July, 31, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
In the end, the greatest snowball isn't a snowball at all. It's fear.
- Is West Virginia being overhyped? It's certainly a possibility, writes Dave Poe of the Parkersburg News and Sentinel.
- How could you not be motivated by a two-win season, says Kansas captain DE Toben Opurum. Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World has the story. Tait also introduces you to more about the Jayhawks in a conversation with Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- West Virginia's ready to recruit in Texas, writes John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Well, let's see some results.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman breaks down a pretty awful Monday for the Sooners.
- Don't expect to hear much from the players and coaches at WVU this fall camp.
- Charlie Weis' poise under pressure at Florida last season made a big impression on one of Weis' assistants who followed him to KU, writes Benton Smith of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Mike Stoops' time at Arizona was "hard," he says, but he's back in familiar territory at Oklahoma, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal tells you more about the Cyclones' inseparable duo at linebacker.
- Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette tracks the race to win the running back job at West Virginia.
- Pretty solid schedule poster for Baylor here.
- Life's a whole lot different these days for the reigning Big 12 champs, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal previews the Red Raiders' offensive line.