Lunch links: Beware of OSU in title race?
August, 2, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
With camps opening, it's no surprise we've got a supersize load of links.
- Michael Peters of the Tulsa World tells you about the day he spent with Bob Stoops.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman explains why you should beware of Oklahoma State in the 2012 Big 12 title race.
- How much did West Virginia's Orange Bowl romp play into its status as a Big 12 contender? Stewart Mandel of SI.com weighed in.
- Texas coach Mack Brown's got some pretty funny stuff to say about Twitter, reports Christian Corona of the Dallas Morning News.
- Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal has a good look at Charlie Weis' unorthodox "plug-and-play" plan on defense at Kansas. He also tells you about the backup band at Baylor that's now ready to take over.
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops talks about the near disaster in the Insight Bowl.
- Steve Greenberg and Matt Hayes at Sporting News reveal their preseason top 25. Sooners, Wildcats, you'll like this one.
- West Virginia's moving forward into more big-time college football, and Dana Holgorsen is taking it there, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- How did Iowa State linebacker Jake Knott reach where he is today? Well, glad you asked.
- Oklahoma's getting its new receivers back, but could the reinstated guys be buried on the depth chart? Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman weighs in. For the record, I'm betting "yes" on this one.
- The expectations for WVU are enormous. The road to realizing them comes today when fall camp opens, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- In his first day of training camp, former Baylor QB RG3 passed "the eye test," writes colleague John Clayton.
- Oklahoma State center Evan Epstein is now on scholarship. Congrats to the big man. OSU may be honing in on its new special teams coordinator.
- Eric Stephens is looking good at Texas Tech, but running back Ben McRoy may be done with football, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle breaks down Kansas State in advance of fall camp.
- A no-name secondary? That may be just what Iowa State needs, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has five burning questions for West Virginia entering fall camp.
- Despite coming off a five-win season, season-ticket sales are still looking good at Texas Tech.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
5:15 1st Qtr South Alabama 7 Bowling Green 14 Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State