Lunch links: Troubling stat at OSU
August, 13, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Today's fun fact: West Virginia has the same number of BCS trophies (3) as both Texas and Oklahoma.
- John Helsley of The Oklahoman reminds Oklahoma State of a somewhat troubling statistic. Twelve signees from the 2010 recruiting class have left the program. He also takes you deeper inside OSU linebacker Alex Elkins' crazy story.
- Kansas needs Charlie Weis. He doesn't need it. What's in it for Charlie? Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star explains.
- Landry Jones' decision to return to Oklahoma was about more than just winning a title, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.
- Paul Myerberg of Pre-Snap Read has his extensive preview of TCU up.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman takes a look at the slogans surrounding Texas, no matter how Silly. He also reminds Texas A&M that Austin is not SEC country, and picks his Longhorn who will blow up in 2012.
- TCU is still trying to piece together its secondary after a disappointing 2011, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal logs Texas Tech's search for a better pass rush in 2012.
- Can't help but think of Raz al Ghul with this story. Kansas State's Braden Wilson? He must become more than a fullback, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- West Virginia's had some great receivers, but none more electric than Tavon Austin, writes Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman tells you about the picture that changed the Fiesta Bowl from the men featured in it.
- If you missed it, here's our series previewing fall camp for every team in the Big 12.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World introduces you to Kansas' animal at tight end, who has grown up a lot over his career.
- Dominique Whaley is back from a broken ankle, and he's not planning on going anywhere, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. Kersey also looks at the Sooners' offensive line, which is suddenly short on experience.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal profiles up-and-coming Tech receiver Javon Bell.