Lunch links: Troubling stat at OSU
August, 13, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Today's fun fact: West Virginia has the same number of BCS trophies (3) as both Texas and Oklahoma.
- John Helsley of The Oklahoman reminds Oklahoma State of a somewhat troubling statistic. Twelve signees from the 2010 recruiting class have left the program. He also takes you deeper inside OSU linebacker Alex Elkins' crazy story.
- Kansas needs Charlie Weis. He doesn't need it. What's in it for Charlie? Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star explains.
- Landry Jones' decision to return to Oklahoma was about more than just winning a title, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.
- Paul Myerberg of Pre-Snap Read has his extensive preview of TCU up.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman takes a look at the slogans surrounding Texas, no matter how Silly. He also reminds Texas A&M that Austin is not SEC country, and picks his Longhorn who will blow up in 2012.
- TCU is still trying to piece together its secondary after a disappointing 2011, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal logs Texas Tech's search for a better pass rush in 2012.
- Can't help but think of Raz al Ghul with this story. Kansas State's Braden Wilson? He must become more than a fullback, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- West Virginia's had some great receivers, but none more electric than Tavon Austin, writes Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman tells you about the picture that changed the Fiesta Bowl from the men featured in it.
- If you missed it, here's our series previewing fall camp for every team in the Big 12.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World introduces you to Kansas' animal at tight end, who has grown up a lot over his career.
- Dominique Whaley is back from a broken ankle, and he's not planning on going anywhere, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. Kersey also looks at the Sooners' offensive line, which is suddenly short on experience.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal profiles up-and-coming Tech receiver Javon Bell.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State