Lunch links: What happened to Texas QBs?
August, 16, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
There are two specific kinds of people in this world: People who own houses, and people who own condos.
- Want success this year at Texas? Put this season in the hands of the offensive line, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- What the heck happened to all the QB talent in Texas? Tully Corcoran of Fox Sports examines the issue.
- More than a decade ago, Bronson Irwin was starstruck when an Oklahoma lineman from his town came and visited his school. Now, he's where he dreamed he'd be some day, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Matt Hayes of Sporting News checks in with former Sooner stalwart Brent Venables, now at Clemson.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune tracks Shontrelle Johnson's road back from his broken neck suffered against Texas last season.
- WVU receiver J.D. Wood's academic issues are behind him. Now, he's focused on production, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Kansas State running back John Hubert's goal for 2012 is clear: He wants 1,000 yards, writes Corbin McGuire of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Get inside the competition to win the placekicking job at Iowa State. Meanwhile, K-State kicker Anthony Cantele just wants more consistency.
- I went on with Aaron Dickens and Chris Level on 104.3 in Lubbock to talk Texas Tech and preview the Big 12.
- Thank you, Larry Scott. Stating the obvious here, but a pretty silly component to the BCS. Scott rightly blasts it.
- Kansas State center B.J. Finney has gone from walk-on to a leader and the best member of a revamped K-State offensive line. Tony Adame of the Wichita Eagle checks in with the Wildcat.
- This is unbelievably stupid.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal profiles center Deveric Gallington.
- There's no debating the best and deepest position on Texas' defense.
- Athlon has a few breakout Big 12 stars for 2012.
- Kansas' new players are trying to adjust to their new roles as Jayhawks, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Kansas 3 Duke 41 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final UTSA 13 Oklahoma State 43 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final 12 UCLA 20 Texas 17