Lunch links: Texas' best backfield ever?
August, 22, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
The guys at the Solid Verbal have me thinking, too. Top three 90s kids movies ever?
- Yeah, it's early, but Texas' current backfield has the potential to be the school's best ever, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. They've got a different guy for every occasion.
- Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein is about faith, family and football, and you can't avoid the comparisons to a certain New York Jet (not Mark Sanchez), writes George Schroeder of SI.com.
- Head injuries are going to change the way teams prepare for games, and make football a more offensive game, says Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville.
- Here's more from Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads on why he picked Steele Jantz as his starting quarterback.
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman explains why the latest Sooner castoff in a line of many left Norman.
- Iowa State moved its opening weekend game vs. Tulsa from noon to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- What's it like to have a new defensive coordinator every season? Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal asked Tech safety Cody Davis.
- Get to know Oklahoma State a little better with this Q&A. Wes Lunt is hogging the headlines in Stillwater, but who's he going to be throwing to? John Helsley of The Oklahoman digs into the murky waters.
- Kansas' offensive line is taking its main objective in 2012 very, very seriously. Keep Dayne Crist healthy. It may be the difference between a program-changing season and another run of blowout losses.
- Paul Myerberg of PreSnap Read continues his series of comprehensive reviews with West Virginia.
- What Oklahoma freshmen will redshirt and which will play? Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman gives a guess. And there's some shuffling going on along OU's offensive line.
- Bringing the Champions Bowl to San Antonio will be spendy, but the cost is worth it, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Kansas State cornerback Nigel Malone can't play much of a disrespect card anymore. Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle explains how life is different these days.
- Three OSU writers offer some post-fall camp impressions about the Pokes.
- Nick Florence is replacing a Heisman winner at Baylor. How have others in his position done over the course of history?
- Sporting News previews the whole Big 12.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State