Lunch links: Texas' best backfield ever?
August, 22, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
The guys at the Solid Verbal have me thinking, too. Top three 90s kids movies ever?
- Yeah, it's early, but Texas' current backfield has the potential to be the school's best ever, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman. They've got a different guy for every occasion.
- Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein is about faith, family and football, and you can't avoid the comparisons to a certain New York Jet (not Mark Sanchez), writes George Schroeder of SI.com.
- Head injuries are going to change the way teams prepare for games, and make football a more offensive game, says Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville.
- Here's more from Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads on why he picked Steele Jantz as his starting quarterback.
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman explains why the latest Sooner castoff in a line of many left Norman.
- Iowa State moved its opening weekend game vs. Tulsa from noon to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- What's it like to have a new defensive coordinator every season? Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal asked Tech safety Cody Davis.
- Get to know Oklahoma State a little better with this Q&A. Wes Lunt is hogging the headlines in Stillwater, but who's he going to be throwing to? John Helsley of The Oklahoman digs into the murky waters.
- Kansas' offensive line is taking its main objective in 2012 very, very seriously. Keep Dayne Crist healthy. It may be the difference between a program-changing season and another run of blowout losses.
- Paul Myerberg of PreSnap Read continues his series of comprehensive reviews with West Virginia.
- What Oklahoma freshmen will redshirt and which will play? Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman gives a guess. And there's some shuffling going on along OU's offensive line.
- Bringing the Champions Bowl to San Antonio will be spendy, but the cost is worth it, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Kansas State cornerback Nigel Malone can't play much of a disrespect card anymore. Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle explains how life is different these days.
- Three OSU writers offer some post-fall camp impressions about the Pokes.
- Nick Florence is replacing a Heisman winner at Baylor. How have others in his position done over the course of history?
- Sporting News previews the whole Big 12.