Lunch links: Ranking the Big 12 stadiums
August, 28, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Chill out, Isaac. Please.
- Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby's not mincing words. He doesn't want the SEC to win another title, writes John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- You'll be able to see controversial replays more often in Big 12 stadiums, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- Overrated? The Longhorns are under the radar in 2012, writes the Austin American Statesman's Kirk Bohls. The Longhorns QB sounds mighty confident, too.
- Here are five players Texas Tech will be counting on in 2012.
- USA Today ranks the Big 12 football stadiums. Some interesting selections here for sure.
- Texas defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is a quote machine, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones doesn't sound very interested in a war of words with UTEP quarterback Nick Lamaison, who had some big words earlier this offseason. However, UTEP coach Mike Price is apparently a fan of "Dumb and Dumber". My hat is off, sir.
- Former Baylor defensive end Tevin Elliott was indicted in his sexual assault case.
- Paul Myerberg of Pre-Snap Read had Texas at No. 8, and previews the Longhorns, who he says can win the national title.
- Freshman QB Tay Bender has left K-State. That's a big blow to the future position in Manhattan.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail writes about the offensive concept that's a key to West Virginia's offense. Oklahoma State fans, you should know this one well.
- Should the West Virginia-Marshall rivalry go away?
- Kansas has a small recruiting class, but there's not much concern in Lawrence.
- Texas Tech safety Cody Davis blogs about his last fall camp in Lubbock.
- Did Jones make the right decision to return to OU? Only time will tell, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- The offensive pace will be much quicker at Iowa State this year, and the receivers are ready for it, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Oklahoma State do-everything special teamer Quinn Sharp has added a new kick to his arsenal, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- TCU's depth chart is out, and coach Gary Patterson isn't kidding around about how young this team will be.
- Oklahoma's Gabe Lynn left high school as one of the most feared cornerbacks in the state. He never thought his career would take him to where he is now, though, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Get to know Iowa State a little better.