Lunch links: New Big 12 commercials debut
August, 30, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Good grief, Missouri. These guys ought to be ex-communicated from the fan base.
- If you want to see all of the new Big 12 commercials that will run during the season, you can find them all here.
- Oklahoma State receiver Tracy Moore had his third run-in with the law in six months.
- Baylor's looking to start 2012 in the right way, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. The paper's paywall has officially come down, so you'll be seeing them here a lot more often.
- Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan told a pretty humorous Oklahoma football story.
- Texas Tech receiver Darrin Moore's status is still in doubt after his offseason DWI arrest, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- There's an intriguing position battle at linebacker in Manhattan. The last two near disasters on opening day provide plenty of motivation for the Wildcats, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Baylor's moving on to life after Robert Griffin III. How will it go? David Jones of USA Today has a guess.
- Whoever has the hot hand will keep the carries in Oklahoma's offense this weekend, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. The Sooners may be without another starter at defensive tackle, too.
- Tavon Austin knows Marshall should have beaten West Virginia for the first time in 2010.
- What does history tell us about how Oklahoma State's passes will be distributed? And how did the Cowboys convince a Floridian to come all the way to Stillwater?
- TCU coach Gary Patterson is a little miffed after videos of his defensive strategies surfaced online, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Even the state of Oklahoma couldn't escape the offseason of scandal in 2012.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro is a different, more focused player after getting into trouble this spring, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Dayne Crist gets all the attention, but he's not the only playmaker on Kansas' offense, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Get to know Baylor a little better with John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- K-State's offensive line is an odd mix of veterans and newcomers, writes Corbin McGuire of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State