Lunch links: New Big 12 commercials debut
August, 30, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Good grief, Missouri. These guys ought to be ex-communicated from the fan base.
- If you want to see all of the new Big 12 commercials that will run during the season, you can find them all here.
- Oklahoma State receiver Tracy Moore had his third run-in with the law in six months.
- Baylor's looking to start 2012 in the right way, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. The paper's paywall has officially come down, so you'll be seeing them here a lot more often.
- Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan told a pretty humorous Oklahoma football story.
- Texas Tech receiver Darrin Moore's status is still in doubt after his offseason DWI arrest, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- There's an intriguing position battle at linebacker in Manhattan. The last two near disasters on opening day provide plenty of motivation for the Wildcats, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Baylor's moving on to life after Robert Griffin III. How will it go? David Jones of USA Today has a guess.
- Whoever has the hot hand will keep the carries in Oklahoma's offense this weekend, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. The Sooners may be without another starter at defensive tackle, too.
- Tavon Austin knows Marshall should have beaten West Virginia for the first time in 2010.
- What does history tell us about how Oklahoma State's passes will be distributed? And how did the Cowboys convince a Floridian to come all the way to Stillwater?
- TCU coach Gary Patterson is a little miffed after videos of his defensive strategies surfaced online, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Even the state of Oklahoma couldn't escape the offseason of scandal in 2012.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro is a different, more focused player after getting into trouble this spring, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Dayne Crist gets all the attention, but he's not the only playmaker on Kansas' offense, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Get to know Baylor a little better with John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- K-State's offensive line is an odd mix of veterans and newcomers, writes Corbin McGuire of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31