Lunch links: Big 12-SEC games?
August, 31, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I read that one on a can of lemonade. I like to think it applies to life.
- The Big 12 is about to become the lone conference without a championship game.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman has a long list of bold predictions in advance of Texas' season. Bold indeed.
- How does one get a free lifetime pass to all West Virginia athletics? Zack Harold of the Charleston Daily Mail explains.
- Here we go! Kansas State is hosting Auburn in its third game of 2014, reports Kellis Robinett of the Kasnas City Star. Hat's off, Wildcats. College football is better off having these games. TCU is playing a home and home with LSU in the next two seasons, but coach Gary Patterson doesn't sound too fired up about it.
- Long for the Longhorn Network no longer. The channel has reached an agreement with AT&T and can be viewed on U-Verse now.
- The staff of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal offers their detailed predictions for Texas Tech's 2012 season. Don Williams offers up his look at the Red Raiders' defensive reinvention.
- Is too much being made of West Virginia running back Dustin Garrison's knee?
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald revisits some of the memorable SWC matchups between SMU and Baylor.
- Kansas State tight end Andre McDonald is being sued after an incident with dogs. On the surface, this sounds like an incredibly stupid lawsuit, but we'll see as more details emerge.
- Kansas defensive end Toben Opurum is trying to help KU build and escape the label of the nation's worst defense, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Enjoy Saturday's WVU-Marshall rivalry game. It may be the last for a long while, writes Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Here's more on former Nebraska quarterback Cody Green, making his second appearance at Iowa State this weekend.
- Iowa State's not doubting their identity entering the season. With their depth at running back, the Cyclones are a run-first team.
- How's Charlie Weis doing? Check back in Year 2.
- Fake football game at TCU today, y'all!
- It's been 353 days since Kansas last had a chance to dance. The Jayhawks are hungry for another reason to celebrate, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12