Lunch links: Hidden benefit of Savannah St.
September, 12, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Biggest news today: Notre Dame is joining the ACC, but not in football. Bigger news for the Big 12: The ACC is upping its exit fee to $50 million. The Big 12 is happy at 10 for now, but expanding to the ACC (i.e. Florida State) just got a whole lot harder.
- Kansas quarterback Dayne Crist is playing tight and struggling because of it. He's trying to have fun now, and loosen up, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- What happened to Texas running back Malcolm Brown? Here's why he only got two carries this week.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman uncovers a hidden benefit from Savannah State's head-kickings at Oklahoma State and Florida State.
- West Virginia can't overlook FCS James Madison. Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette explains why.
- Texas Tech's defensive improvement this year? Confidence, says coach Tommy Tuberville and safety Cody Davis.
- Kansas State's defensive ends rely on a big motor for their production, writes Tony Adame of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma State thought it had enough depth at defensive tackle. Saturday's loss brought that into question, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. She also breaks down the game film from last week's game.
- TCU gave its fans a look into the future in its game on Saturday, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. This story's not about the jetpack that delivered the game ball.
- Texas AD DeLoss Dodds doesn't want to see a Big 12 Championship Game.
- Here's five questions about Iowa State football entering this week.
- Oklahoma's offensive line looked a lot different in the win over Florida A&M.
- Steve Greenberg of Sporting News unleashes his Big 12 power rankings. Here are mine for comparison.
- TCU defensive end Ross Forrest will probably miss the season with a knee injury.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12