Lunch links: WVU's genius assistant
September, 13, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Yeah, even ones like Kenny G, ones you wouldn't expect.
- The Big 12 would have liked Notre Dame, but it didn't need it, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- A Nebraska fan wrote to Dirk Chatelain of the Omaha World-Herald and expressed his buyer's remorse for the Huskers' move to the Big Ten from the Big 12.
- Daron Roberts has a résumé that exceeds President Obama's. So how did he end up on West Virginia's coaching staff? Andy Staples of SI.com explains.
- What's it like to cover a kick? Texas' big-hitting freshman, Dalton Santos, tells you.
- Texas passed on Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace. Will he be the next in a long line of QBs to haunt the Horns? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman wonders.
- Can Kansas' coaches turn being an underdog into a positive? Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star writes about the problem.
- Here's a first-person view of what it's like to deliver the game ball via jetpack from TCU.
- Texas' assistant coaches got raises recently.
- What's up with Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle and his fumbling issues? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman examines the question. The Pokes' flaws didn't show up in the season opener, and OSU paid for it in Week 2.
- Expectations are sky high for Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro. Now, the sophomore's out to fulfill them, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- WVU linebacker Isaiah Bruce set the bar high with his first performance. His second comes Saturday, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Want to know more about Oklahoma's new TV network? Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World has FAQs.
- The bond between Kansas State coach Bill Snyder and his opponent this week runs deeper than some might realize.
- TCU quarterback Casey Pachall gives Kansas plenty of reason to worry, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- FCS James Madison is charged up to face West Virginia, writes John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Daniel Hill of the Baylor Lariat introduces you to the Bears' secret weapon off the field.
- Iowa State's trying to handle the odd proposition of a game being broadcast only on the Internet.
- Kansas offensive lineman Trevor Marrongelli knows plenty about football, but a lot about finance, too, writes Mike Vernon of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Baylor's revitalized return game could be an X factor this season, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State