Lunch links: WVU's genius assistant
September, 13, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Yeah, even ones like Kenny G, ones you wouldn't expect.
- The Big 12 would have liked Notre Dame, but it didn't need it, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- A Nebraska fan wrote to Dirk Chatelain of the Omaha World-Herald and expressed his buyer's remorse for the Huskers' move to the Big Ten from the Big 12.
- Daron Roberts has a résumé that exceeds President Obama's. So how did he end up on West Virginia's coaching staff? Andy Staples of SI.com explains.
- What's it like to cover a kick? Texas' big-hitting freshman, Dalton Santos, tells you.
- Texas passed on Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace. Will he be the next in a long line of QBs to haunt the Horns? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman wonders.
- Can Kansas' coaches turn being an underdog into a positive? Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star writes about the problem.
- Here's a first-person view of what it's like to deliver the game ball via jetpack from TCU.
- Texas' assistant coaches got raises recently.
- What's up with Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle and his fumbling issues? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman examines the question. The Pokes' flaws didn't show up in the season opener, and OSU paid for it in Week 2.
- Expectations are sky high for Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro. Now, the sophomore's out to fulfill them, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- WVU linebacker Isaiah Bruce set the bar high with his first performance. His second comes Saturday, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Want to know more about Oklahoma's new TV network? Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World has FAQs.
- The bond between Kansas State coach Bill Snyder and his opponent this week runs deeper than some might realize.
- TCU quarterback Casey Pachall gives Kansas plenty of reason to worry, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- FCS James Madison is charged up to face West Virginia, writes John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Daniel Hill of the Baylor Lariat introduces you to the Bears' secret weapon off the field.
- Iowa State's trying to handle the odd proposition of a game being broadcast only on the Internet.
- Kansas offensive lineman Trevor Marrongelli knows plenty about football, but a lot about finance, too, writes Mike Vernon of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Baylor's revitalized return game could be an X factor this season, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Halftime Washington State 35 Colorado State 23 3:57 1st Qtr 20 Fresno State 6 25 USC 14 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State