Lunch links: Horns guarding overconfidence
September, 19, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
We're only a few days away from actual football, folks. Been a while since we've seen it.
- Texas is a good team, but the Horns aren't overconfident, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Get ready to see Oklahoma State in an ESPN all-access show next week before the Texas game.
- When Bill Snyder has a quarterback, his Wildcats are very, very dangerous, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. He also says Bob Stoops wants the Sooner crowd to be in to Saturday's game.
- Kansas State fans: Be prepared for this weekend. Here's our guide to Norman, Okla. that you should bring along for the trip.
- Kansas might have the nation's best scout team, but it's losing one key member this week. Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star explains why that's a good thing.
- Here's my podcast with K-State blog Bring on the Cats where I talk plenty of football at Kansas, K-State and across the Big 12.
- K-State is still painfully boring, but inflict plenty of pain on opponents when it overachieves, writes Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
- The TicketCity Bowl is no more. The New Year's Day game at the Cotton Bowl has a new name and a new sponsor. Granted, the Big 12 was only associated with the game for one year, and isn't in 2012.
- After joining the ACC, will Notre Dame remain in the mix with Big 12 nonconference scheduling?
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register answers five burning questions about Iowa State football.
- If J.W. Walsh wants to run, coach Mike Gundy's not going to stop him.
- Baylor's defense will face a quarterback who makes them scramble this week, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Dana Holgorsen's made some odd coaching calls in both of WVU's games, but his players like it, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- A pair of TCU stars are making an impact for the Frogs and not forgetting their roots, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. TCU leading rusher Waymon James is a game-time decision this week vs. Virginia.
- Kansas State is trying to shake off forgettable performances last week and last year vs. Oklahoma, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Randall Dent gives Kansas' defense a big edge on the ... edge, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Texas Tech's offensive line is making noise with new faces, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.