Lunch links: Big 12 title game history lesson
September, 20, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Like a freight train running over a chihuahua?
- Oklahoma's Big 12 title game loss to Kansas State still stings the Sooners today, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- James Sims is back on the field for KU, but can he earn his way back into the rotation?
- The Oklahomans on Kansas State's roster are ready to go against their home-state team, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman discusses the advantages of playing two quarterbacks as it relates to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. He also explains why the Big 12 won't be expanding any time soon.
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald has more with Baylor's unusual transfer, Demetri Goodson. Here's more on Baylor and the Big 12 in a podcast.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail explains what's helped West Virginia's linebackers be more effective this year.
- EA Sports was in the house at TCU this week to do laser measurements on the new Amon G. Carter Stadium for next year's game. Also, Gary Patterson doesn't sound too happy that news of Waymon James' injury leaked out.
- The conference commissioners are already talking about making tweaks to the playoff. There's some more transparency already, though.
- Texas Tech offensive coordinator Neal Brown helps you understand Texas Tech's offense a little better.
- A position switch has helped JaCorey Shepherd climb the depth chart at KU, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Jakeem Grant has added another level of speed to Texas Tech's offense, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- A pair of Oklahoma State players made appearances in court this week.
- There's a new challenge on the way for Iowa State's defense once Big 12 play hits.
- Is Oklahoma State building a little recruiting pipeline to Georgia?
- Maryland is expecting a tough atmosphere at West Virginia this weekend, writes Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post. The Terps should be the best defense West Virginia's played to date.