Lunch links: Wes Lunt's injury preventable?
September, 24, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Check out what was waiting for K-State's team when it got back to Manhattan after beating OU.
- Could Wes Lunt's injury have been prevented? Gina Mizell points to one thing that could have changed the Cowboys' fortunes.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman says J.W. Walsh is another QB Texas let get away, and that Oklahoma will finish ... 6-6.
- Baylor's Friday-night win was scary, but there were plenty of encouraging signs, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman tells you about the way Oklahoma State defensive end Cooper Bassett has helped change the life of a young girl with leukemia.
- Texas Tech is 3-0, but that happened last year. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal explains why this year is different.
- For all the innovation in college football, Bill Snyder proved old dogs can win with old tricks, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Gary Patterson knows his offense isn't living up to its potential, so he's issued a challenge, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- There's no such thing as a quick fix for Kansas' football woes, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Justin Tuggle has found his place in Kansas State's defense, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- TCU's offense is in need of a back with major toughness once Big 12 play starts, writes Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- West Virginia's Big 12 opener vs. Baylor looks like a real bear, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle breaks down K-State's win over Oklahoma with his weekly rewind.
- Kansas State is the best team in the Big 12, writes Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who also says Bill Snyder is the best coach in America.
- As a coach's kid, J.W. Walsh has the ability to make adjustments faster than you'd think, based on his experience level, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Can Iowa State duplicate its blueprint against Texas Tech?
- Child's play is over in Austin. It's time for adult swim, writes Kevin Lyttle of the Austin American-Statesman.