Lunch links: Debating Bob Stoops' place
September, 25, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
The spoils of victory, friends.
- Bob Stoops still hates losing, but Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman delivers some hard truths to the Sooners.
- "Big Game Bob" is continuing his slow, gradual slide from the ranks of college football's elite coaches, though, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Sporting News has their new Big 12 power rankings. Credit to them. Nobody's been higher on Kansas State all offseason.
- Cowboys Stadium is still in the mix to host the national championship game in Year 1 of the playoff.
- Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert sounds pretty skeptical at the growth David Ash has shown at Texas.
- Kansas State gives the Big 12 a new look at the top, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star. John Hubert carried the Wildcats on Saturday, writes Kelly McHugh of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Iowa State hasn't given up a touchdown in nearly 130 minutes of game time, well over two games. The defense is rallying around that streak entering this week's game vs. Texas Tech, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Texas will get to know exactly what kind of team it has over the next month.
- Frustrated with OU, and have a few questions? Bob Stoops doesn't necessarily disagree with the question marks in last week's loss to Kansas State.
- Just another Saturday? WVU can act like it, but it's not, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Art Briles and Dana Holgorsen learned together under The Pirate out in Lubbock, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Texas Tech has treated Iowa State like anything but a doormat recently, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Maryland's blitzes gave West Virginia's offense a lot of issues, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Realignment helped the Big 12 restock its supply of great quarterbacks, writes John Raby of the Associated Press.
- Collin Klein doesn't fit the Heisman mold, but he deserves recognition, writes Bob Lutz of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma State launched its new digital network.
- Kansas is moving forward after yet another painful loss, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:15 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State