Links: What is Oklahoma's biggest issue?
September, 26, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
West Virginia's second College Gameday commercial is the best so far.
- Barry Switzer says the biggest problem with the Sooners is they just don't have the talent, writes John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- If Iowa State is going to do big things in the Big 12, the time is now, writes Mark Emmert of the Des Moines Register. Coach Paul Rhoads says his team can win "five or more" Big 12 games.
- Gary Patterson rehashes a mistake he believes he made surrounding last season's heated Iron Skillet game, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. His defense is back to being like an old TCU defense, though.
- Look for West Virginia to try and stretch the field against Baylor, writes Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Kansas has plenty of things to fix during its bye week, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Baylor's history against top 10 teams isn't very strong, but it will put it on the line this weekend, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Time to answer five big questions about Iowa State entering this weekend's game against Texas Tech.
- Bill Snyder is doing it again at Kansas State. Bryan Fischer of CBS Sports explains how he's doing it. Matt Hayes of Sporting News says it's the best coaching job of our time. The Wildcats are trying to get the most out of their bye week, though.
- Succeeding on defense in the Big 12 is different than in the Big East. WVU is learning this now, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Texas Tech's Bradley Marquez has emerged as a go-to guy in the Red Raiders' offense, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- We're about to find out exactly how good Texas is, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Can Kansas State handle its new role as the favorite? Joel Jellison of the Manhattan Mercury looks at the issue.
- Please don't do these things, Kansas State.