Lunch links: Bracing for WVU civility
September, 27, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
So what you're saying is you have a child-shaped hole in your heart and you wanna stuff a cat into it..
- West Virginia would like its fans to be civil as the first Big 12 opponent rolls into town, writes Dave Boucher of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- How did K-State use its empty backfield against the Sooners? Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle goes back and checks the tape.
- Geno Smith apparently wasn't very good last week? Well, he was still pretty good, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman says Oklahoma fans can't give up on 2012 just yet. Granted, Bob Stoops doesn't sound very happy with anybody in Norman right now.
- Guess we know who may succeed Bill Snyder as K-State coach? Collin Klein anybody? Joshua Kinder of the Manhattan Mercury writes about the two's relationship.
- Why does Snyder fly under the rader nationally? What's Bob Stoops' future at Oklahoma? Stewart Mandel of SI.com tackles those questions and more in his Mailbag.
- Is Oklahoma State stable as one of the Big 12's elite programs? This weekend is a good measure, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- A former Kansas State linebacker is slated to be the new leading man on "The Bachelor."
- Be nice, former Jayhawks.
- Steele Jantz won the ISU QB job again, but he's looking to keep it this year, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Baylor is getting used to making appearances in the top 25, showing up in three consecutive seasons for the first time in 36 years.
- Can Baylor's running game pick up the pace? Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald says the BU backs are off to a slow start.
- Oklahoma's Nila Kasitati nearly died because of his pride, but after heart surgery, he's making an impact for the Sooners, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.
- Big 12 play is about to start for Iowa State. Here are the Des Moines Register's 10 players to watch.
- Oklahoma State's offensive line is one of just three in the nation that have yet to give up a sack, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Can Texas rediscover its Big 12 mojo and return to power?
- The focus for TCU's offense is clear: Limit those giveaways, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- You're very odd sometimes, Kansas State.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
11:15 2nd Qtr Illinois 9 Louisiana Tech 14 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State