Lunch links: 'Paddle People' silenced?
September, 28, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
The Human Fund: Money ... for people.
- A PSA from West Virginia would like to remind you that it's against the law to burn couches.
- Oklahoma State's "Paddle People," are being told to keep it down thanks to a new Big 12 rule. Anybody think officials have the guts to actually assess a 15-yard penalty if students don't comply?
- Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes about the faith and deep bond that connects Geno Smith and Stedman Bailey.
- Baylor receiver Tevin Reese is undersized, but he's got plenty of talent, and says he can beat RG3 in a foot race, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. He also breaks down the matchups between WVU and Baylor.
- Iowa State's defense doesn't need any help picking out the biggest piece of Texas Tech's offense.
- The Pac-12 and Big 12 might be part of a new big bowl game that takes on the best of the rest.
- One of the Red Raiders top signees from last year is out this weekend with a medical issue and might seek a medical hardship, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Now's the time for Texas' defense to try and live up to the hype, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail breaks down what about Baylor's offense could give WVU trouble.
- What's the biggest key for Oklahoma State against Texas? John Helsley of The Oklahoman lets you know.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star takes you inside Kansas State tight end Travis Tannahill's offseason hobby.
- Bob Stoops would like college football's overtime rules to change.
- Competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi is taking part in a hot dog eating competition on Friday night before the Red River Rivalry.
- Texas Tech has a score to settle with Iowa State.
- West Virginia will make a little bit of history this weekend, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman offers a closer look at last week's biggest highlight-reel play.
- Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal tells you more about Texas Tech's reliance on the fade route.
- Dana Holgorsen's trying not to overstate the enormity of this weekend for West Virginia, writes Allan Taylor of WV MetroNews.