Lunch links: Looking back at expansion
October, 2, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Oh, please, I was an anomaly. I self-potty-trained.
- Chancellor Kent Hance gives a look behind the curtain at Texas Tech during the recent realignment fracas with Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Louisville over West Virginia? Somebody show this to Hance, please.
- Texas prepared all week with the knowledge that it would face J.W. Walsh, not Wes Lunt, Mack Brown revealed on Monday. When is Lunt coming back, though? Mike Gundy addressed it.
- Bill Snyder? He copped to having a Taco Bell habit on Monday.
- The Big 12 is smaller, but it's better. Thank the quarterback play, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Is Bill Snyder better than Nick Saban? Bill Reiter of Fox Sports compares the two.
- Cool feature here from Texas Tech's site: Go inside one of the biggest plays of the week. The Red Raiders' next few games will all be tough. All five opponents are ranked.
- Bob Stoops isn't real keen on talking about the Sooners' history in Lubbock. There's been nothing spooky or spiritual about Texas Tech's wins over OU. It's just been domination.
- Can Geno Smith be this year's RG3? Mel Kiper and Todd McShay weigh in on the similarities between the two quarterbacks' stories.
- Could he be the best QB in Big 12 history?
- Joseph Randle a Heisman contender? Colleague Ivan Maisel writes about the possibility, and his Oklahoma State qualm with SEC stats.
- Kansas' focus this week? Moving the rivalry intensity from Missouri to K-State, and still being respectful to the Wildcats on social media.
- Kevin Durant's appearance on the big screen at Boone Pickens Stadium on Saturday was pretty humorous.
- TCU has now lost 20 players since the end of last season. Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram tells you about the latest.
- Time to check in on West Virginia's defense, which is not traumatized from Saturday's game versus Baylor.
- Matt Hayes of Sporting News unveils his Big 12 power rankings.
- Johnathan Gray is making a big impact at Texas, writes Austin Laymance of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12