Lunch links: Casey Pachall arrest reaction
October, 5, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
You know I wasn't scripted to be in that episode? I just wandered on to set because Reginald VelJohnson owed me $40.
- Losing a football game isn't the toughest thing Kansas safety Bradley McDougald has ever been through. Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star explains what is, and how McDougald has found a new home in Lawrence.
- What does the loss of Casey Pachall mean for TCU's offense? Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram explains.
- If Pachall plays another down at TCU, it's the biggest credibility mistake of Gary Patterson's career, writes Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. For the record, I disagree with this.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel weighs on with some thoughts on Patterson's tough decision regarding Pachall.
- What does Landry Jones' quarterback guru think of Jones' recent struggles? Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman catches up with George Whitfield to find out.
- Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail checks in with college football's changing world as it relates to West Virginia's game against Texas.
- The son of a Longhorn, Texas Tech punter Ryan Erxleben is excelling for the Red Raiders now, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby weighed in on the situation surrounding Pachall.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis wasn't happy with what the student newspaper had to say about his team.
- Bill Snyder's excellence has ruled the Sunflower Showdown rivalry, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star. Still, the rivalry's always packed a little more punch for the Kansans involved.
- Texas must pressure Geno Smith, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- The Big 12 has a new bowl tie and that bowl has a new sponsorship.
- Running back John Hubert might be undersized, but he's carrying a big load for K-State, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Bob Stoops might be taking a page out of Pat Fitzgerald's book of coaching soon, and he remembers his favorite heckler in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech running back Kenny Williams is a power runner in a spread scheme, and he loves it, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Iowa State's schedule is about to heat up significantly, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Don't expect West Virginia to mount a Heisman marketing campaign for Smith.
- Texas receiver Marquise Goodwin is a deep threat, but he's excelling on short passes and runs this year, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State