Lunch links: Casey Pachall arrest reaction
October, 5, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
You know I wasn't scripted to be in that episode? I just wandered on to set because Reginald VelJohnson owed me $40.
- Losing a football game isn't the toughest thing Kansas safety Bradley McDougald has ever been through. Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star explains what is, and how McDougald has found a new home in Lawrence.
- What does the loss of Casey Pachall mean for TCU's offense? Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram explains.
- If Pachall plays another down at TCU, it's the biggest credibility mistake of Gary Patterson's career, writes Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. For the record, I disagree with this.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel weighs on with some thoughts on Patterson's tough decision regarding Pachall.
- What does Landry Jones' quarterback guru think of Jones' recent struggles? Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman catches up with George Whitfield to find out.
- Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail checks in with college football's changing world as it relates to West Virginia's game against Texas.
- The son of a Longhorn, Texas Tech punter Ryan Erxleben is excelling for the Red Raiders now, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby weighed in on the situation surrounding Pachall.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis wasn't happy with what the student newspaper had to say about his team.
- Bill Snyder's excellence has ruled the Sunflower Showdown rivalry, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star. Still, the rivalry's always packed a little more punch for the Kansans involved.
- Texas must pressure Geno Smith, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- The Big 12 has a new bowl tie and that bowl has a new sponsorship.
- Running back John Hubert might be undersized, but he's carrying a big load for K-State, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Bob Stoops might be taking a page out of Pat Fitzgerald's book of coaching soon, and he remembers his favorite heckler in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech running back Kenny Williams is a power runner in a spread scheme, and he loves it, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Iowa State's schedule is about to heat up significantly, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Don't expect West Virginia to mount a Heisman marketing campaign for Smith.
- Texas receiver Marquise Goodwin is a deep threat, but he's excelling on short passes and runs this year, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State