Lunch links: Casey Pachall reaction
October, 10, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Just remember, when you control the mail, you control ... information.
- Gary Patterson did the right thing for Casey Pachall, TCU and himself, even if it sucks right now, writes Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The move might provide closure and be better for the offense, writes the Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- Pachall has hit rock bottom, and it might be the key to getting him back up, writes the Telegram's Gil LeBreton.
- Two former teammates at Penn State are now on opposite sides of the Red River Rivalry, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. Kersey has more interesting stuff on the duo, too.
- Dana Holgorsen has a message for West Virginia fans: STOP SETTING STUFF ON FIRE!
- Paul Rhoads says it takes 71 points to win a Big 12 game, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Have Oklahoma and Texas gone a little soft? Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman looks at the changes to the rivalry.
- Jared Barnett has already been through this, but he plans to take advantage of his second chance as Iowa State's quarterback. Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register tackles five questions about Iowa State entering Farmageddon.
- Kansas State is looking like a contender these days.
- The biggest thing that could fix Texas' defense? Getting Jordan Hicks back, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Kansas State's defense faced plenty of questions, but it is providing satisfying answers this season, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Meanwhile, Kansas coach Charlie Weis is searching for creative ways to find answers to the questions facing the Jayhawks, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star. The plot thickens in the Weis vs. school paper issue. Here's a column from Kansan staffer Mike Vernon on the issue.
- Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World tells you about Sooners offensive lineman Bronson Irwin's trip to Stillwater to see OSU-Texas in person.
- Get to know Baylor quarterback Nick Florence and his wife, Rachel.
- A trap game? Dana Holgorsen doesn't know what that means, writes Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal tells you about Jackson Richards, Texas Tech's new force at defensive end.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12