Lunch links: Mark Mangino's return
October, 19, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
100 percent of all Pawneeans are Perd-verts.
- Oklahoma State players and coaches look back on their experiences surrounding the plane crash that killed four members of the university family.
- There's a playoff on the way in college football, and Iowa State helped make it happen.
- Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com profiles Kansas State's workhorse, Collin Klein. His matchup with Geno Smith is the best subplot of Saturday's game vs. West Virginia.
- Former Kansas coach Mark Mangino is ready to get back into coaching, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Kansas State doesn't have eye-popping numbers, but it does it the right way, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- Want to know who Oklahoma State's quarterback is? So do the Cowboys' opponents, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Baylor linebacker Bryce Hager comes from a Texas family, and he's doing big things for the Bears, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Kansas has struggled, but running back James Sims is having a huge season already, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Texas' running game has slowed, but it starts with the offensive linemen, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Seth Doege has matured from last season, and the results are showing on the field, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- West Virginia's defense has struggled, but faces an all-new type of challenge this week. The Mountaineers' defense is hoping Kansas State airs it out this week, writes Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Freshman Le'Raven Clark has been a huge boost to Texas Tech's offensive line, which faces one of its toughest tests of the season, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Baylor coach Art Briles sounds like he's buying on Texas' long-term prospects.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38