Lunch links: Irish-K-State connection
October, 26, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Wait, wait, hold on: Where's the band? Because there's no way you guys are making this magic with just your mouths.
- Can anyone catch Collin Klein in the Heisman race? Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle considers.
- We may find out whether the Champions Bowl will be in New Orleans or Arlington, Texas, very soon, reports colleague Brett McMurphy. Colleague Ivan Maisel says he'd be surprised if New Orleans wasn't selected, and has an interesting note on OU-Notre Dame.
- Bob Stoops doesn't sound like he has much sympathy for Mack Brown and his Longhorn Network problems.
- Could Notre Dame use the Kansas State blueprint to beat Oklahoma in Norman? Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman tracks the possibility.
- Iowa State is getting a big help from its depth at running back this season.
- Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette runs down the theories about why West Virginia has fallen so quickly. The Gazette's Dave Hickman reports that Dana Holgorsen doesn't want Geno Smith to shoulder all the blame.
- Kansas' Jimmay Mundine, a lifelong Texas fan, ended up at Kansas because Mack Brown didn't want him. It's motivation now, writes Mike Vernon of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- What does Mike Gundy think about Oklahoma State controlling its own destiny? Easier said than done.
- Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram offers up a defense of Big 12 defenses, with input from the league's coaches.
- Commissioner Bob Bowlsby addresses what's next for the Big 12 with Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- There's plenty of Heisman implications surrounding Saturday's game in Manhattan, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman looks at three questions facing Texas as it prepares to face Kansas.
- Making the tough plays is a benchmark of Ty Zimmerman's big 2012 season, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Kansas quarterback Michael Cummings is a freshman trying to lead a locker room full of upperclassmen. Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star takes a look at his efforts.
- If OSU's going to make a late run, it's got to be better in the red zone, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- With no Texas to play, will the Aggies change their War Hymn?
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31