Lunch links: Is Texas in denial?
October, 30, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
If you really want to make Saturday count, K-State, you need a postgame earthquake.
- Is Texas in denial about what really happened this weekend at Kansas? Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman weighs in.
- Bob Stoops isn't happy with all the fans bashing Landry Jones. Two Oklahoma starters missed practice on Monday with injuries. Stoops also doesn't seem real pleased with the officiating in the Notre Dame loss.
- Could Oklahoma State be missing Tracy Moore the rest of the season? The Cowboys' Cooper Bassett knows all about Collin Klein's bloody elbows from a year ago, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- What do you think about Texas Tech's state pride-inspired uniforms for this weekend? The Red Raiders are dealing with some unfortunate injuries again.
- Texas freshman running back Johnathan Gray will get his first start this weekend vs. Texas Tech.
- Baylor's game against Kansas is nothing short of a must-win, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Bruce Feldman of CBSSports says Devonte Fields is one of 10 impact freshmen in college football.
- K-State isn't talking about the elephant in the room yet, the Big 12 title, writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- A lack of penalties is a big plus for KU, despite Saturday's loss, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Texas Tech's defense needs more turnovers, writes Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Safety Cody Davis agrees, and writes about it in his blog looking back at the K-State loss.
- Randy Harvey of the Houston Chronicle says Texas is the worst two-loss team in the country.