Lunch links: Sooners leaning on excuses?
November, 2, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
You ought to read this just because.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman looks more into Bob Stoops' sudden use of the excuses he said he wouldn't use.
- Texas says it's tuning out the criticism from the outside, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- How West Virginia bounces back from these losses will define its season, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- OSU DE Cooper Bassett and K-State QB Collin Klein go way back, but that friendship will be on hold in Saturday's game, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Meanwhile, a pair of high school teammates will be featured in this week's Texas-Texas Tech game, but on opposite sidelines. Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal explains.
- Texas RB Johnathan Gray will be following in his father's footsteps this weekend, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald looks back on the magical comeback for the Bears a year ago against Kansas.
- Could we see yet another alternate helmet for Oklahoma State? Mike Gundy's dropping hints.
- Get a look at Iowa State's new weightlifting facilities.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune answers five questions about the Cowboys' game this weekend with Oklahoma. Has Iowa State finally found some depth at receiver?
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman looks into Jalen Saunders' upbringing and shows the man he's become.
- K-State kicker Anthony Cantele hasn't gotten a ton of opportunities, but he's been a consistent force for the Cats, writes Kelly McHugh of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail looks at the tough start for the Big 12 newbies.
- Big possibilities are very much on the table for Texas Tech, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- KU's biggest defensive improvement shows up at its linebacker spot, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- OU athletic director Joe Castiglione talks OU's struggles, K-State's run and the BCS with Mark Inabinett of AL.com
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle checks in on K-State's charge to a Big 12 title, and what it might mean.
- The Sooners are stuck in the awkward position of rooting for their rivals.
- TCU is hoping its defense carries it to a bowl berth. That defense loves to deceive and scheme to confuse offenses.