Lunch links: K-State stay ahead of Ducks?
November, 7, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
You can learn a lot about someone from his biography.
- Will Kansas State keep its lead against Oregon? Colleague Brad Edwards has 12 games left on the schedule that will decide that fate.
- Coach Bill Snyder sounds optimistic on the chances Collin Klein plays against TCU this week, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- The long-rumored home-and-home between Nebraska and Oklahoma is another step toward happening, reports Tom Shatel of the Omaha World-Herald. It would celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century in 2021.
- Can KU try to follow Texas Tech's mold to rebuilding its program? Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star looks at the possibility.
- Kansas State isn't the only Big 12 school that's not keen on handing out injury information. Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes about TCU's tendency to play it close to the vest.
- Yikes. Folks were rough on WVU back Shawne Alston after he missed six games with a bruise. Allan Taylor of WV MetroNews has the report.
- Paul Rhoads would love a replay of his famed upset in 2010 against Texas in Austin.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register tackles five big questions about Iowa State's future and game this weekend against Texas.
- Joel Jellison of the Manhattan Mercury tells you all about Gary Patterson's Kansas roots.
- Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman checks in on the late run from Magic Mike Davis at Texas.
- How do you recruit well? Tell the truth, says Oklahoma receiver Kenny Stills.
- Kansas transfer QB Jake Heaps is spending his redshirt year trying to learn and prepare for a big 2013, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Is Texas for real? Saturday's game against Iowa State will tell us a lot, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- Facing Oklahoma State will be like looking in a mirror for West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal writes about the challenge ahead of Texas Tech's defense.
- TCU is already bowl eligible. Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram explains what's left on the table for the Frogs.
- Texas coach Mack Brown talks about the letter he sent Iowa State linebacker Jake Knott.
- Texas' offensive line will decide how far the Longhorns get, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman breaks down the similarities between Bob Stoops and Bud Wilkinson with the two tied in career wins.