Lunch links: Bad Bedlam blood gets boiling
November, 20, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
I gotta give you credit. Your mission statement made sense and you didn't use one R. Kelly lyric.
- Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Todd Monken is getting the talk flowing on Bedlam week. "...we live in the Sooner state, and that alone pisses you off..."
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman laments the loss of the Texas-Texas A&M rivalry and the inadequacy of whatever Texas replaces it with.
- Oklahoma defensive lineman David King remembers trying to get off the field at Boone Pickens Stadium while fans stormed it last year. It wasn't a fond memory.
- Texas DE Alex Okafor says he feels sorry for Texas A&M not being able to play on Thanksgiving this year, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- If Texas Tech doesn't beat Baylor, it risks having a promising season turn into another bust, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The Red Raiders' inability to run the ball is catching up to them.
- Iowa State is still leaving a lot of doubt about who its starting quarterback against West Virginia will be. Shouldn't be any discussion here, if you ask me. Sam. Here's more on Richardson.
- How much better is Oklahoma's defense this year under Mike Stoops? The numbers may surprise you. Berry Tramel checks up on it.
- Athlon looks at 10 rivalries that met their end because of conference realignment.
- Oklahoma State's Brandon Webb came from a house of Sooners, but it's an odd divide in his household on Bedlam week.
- Texas' defensive line is coming alive and being a force in the backfield, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman looks at the sudden absence of discipline issues for the Sooners.
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald looks at Baylor's now burgeoning bowl hopes.
- Bob Stoops talks about a rather animated conversation he had with his brother on the sidelines against West Virginia.
- Joshua Kinder of the Manhattan Mercury writes about what's still on the table for K-State, despite the Baylor loss.
- Charlie Weis is a fan of having his bye week over the holiday before the finale against West Virginia, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Could the short week pay off for West Virginia? Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette looks at the issue.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State