Lunch links: How are Big 12 bowls selling?
December, 4, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Vote in our poll, y'all.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman explains how scheduling cost Oklahoma State in a big way this season. The entire Oklahoman staff, by the way, voted for Manti Te'o for Heisman.
- Oklahoma has already sold out its allotment of tickets for the Cotton Bowl. No shocker there. Alamo Bowl tickets are selling at a "steady flow."
- Why did the Pinstripe Bowl pass on the Backyard Brawl? The bowl's executive director explains. West Virginia fans are already making travel plans to the unique game, writes Jared Hunt of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Chris Huston, aka Heisman Pundit, ranks the top 10 Heisman moments of 2012.
- Kansas QB Dayne Crist had a profound impact on the BCS this year. Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal explains how.
- Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal writes about the close relationship between Tommy Tuberville and Jerry Kill at Minnesota forged on the road for coaching clinics.
- Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette says the Pinstripe Bowl is WVU's worst bowl destination in almost three decades.
- Tickets for the Fiesta Bowl are going fast. K-State fans already had 21,000 advance bowl ticket requests filed since becoming bowl eligible.
- Former KU coach Mark Mangino at Kentucky? It makes sense, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World. He also breaks down a few numbers for Kansas' season.
- Would Mike Gundy really leave Oklahoma State? Gina Mizell of the Oklahoman writes about the possibility.
- The BCS still has a supporter in Iowa State AD Jamie Pollard, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register. The Cyclones landed a big commitment, too.
- Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram looks back on a trying season for TCU in the Big 12, but one when it earned respect.
- Baylor can improve future bowl standings if its fans flood San Diego for the Holiday Bowl, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal catches up with Big Apple-bound safety Cody Davis, who's headed there as a Campbell Trophy finalist.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12