Lunch links: Tommy Tuberville fallout
December, 10, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Can't help but laugh at this.
- Texas Tech's players were stunned by their coach's sudden exit, reports Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Tuberville talks about why he left Lubbock in this video.
- Said Tech AD Kirby Hocutt: "as recently as yesterday he looked me in the eye and gave me his commitment and dedication to Texas Tech football." It's a big hiring coup for Cincinnati, though, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Tuberville and Texas Tech was an awkward marriage from the start, writes Stewart Mandel of SI.com.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal looks back at a crazy, crazy 4-5 years in Lubbock.
- Michael Graham of the Dallas Morning News writes about five things Tuberville improved in the program.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson disagrees with the Big 12's ruling that an Oklahoma OL didn't punch one of his players. He also talks about a new wrinkle in the Frogs' offense with Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman calls out Bob Stoops for his double talk regarding split champions.
- West Virginia took a big step in addressing its pass coverage issues, firing cornerbacks coach Daron Roberts, reports Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- The Texas administration has faith in Mack Brown. It made that clear. But is that faith justified? Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman wonders.
- Very cool video feature on former Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden from our colleagues here.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman tells you about the Cotton Bowl's attempt to rejoin the bowl elite.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star injects some meaning into Collin Klein's trip to New York.
- What exactly is the Heart of Dallas Bowl? Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman explains where Oklahoma State is going.
- KU added a kicker from California to its recruiting class.
- Mike Holder and Mike Gundy must fix a fractured relationship, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Kansas 3 Duke 41 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final UTSA 13 Oklahoma State 43 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final 12 UCLA 20 Texas 17