Lunch links: Kingsbury hiring reaction
December, 13, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Rough/busy day, everybody. Bear with me.
- Texas Tech fans were pretty fired up last night. Here's video evidence. And a photo gallery of the man's arrival and quick news conference.
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal looks back on Kingsbury's best days on the field as a Red Raider.
- Fans and leaders in the community are obviously big fans of the hire.
- Michael Graham of the Dallas Morning News has five thoughts on the hire.
- If you've followed Big 12 football for a decade or so, some old names are resurfacing these days.
- I'd agree with this piece from Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman. Why former Mizzou OC David Yost may tell Mike Gundy "no" on his new opening.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel says Texas Tech's love for Red Raider coach Kingsbury may have to buoy him through the rough waters of inexperience.
- Tavon Austin is headed to the Senior Bowl. Will he be joined by Geno Smith?
- Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman gets you caught up on the staff shifts at Texas. Meanwhile, Cedric Golden of the Statesman says Mack needs to step back and let Major Applewhite have total control of the offense.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News says Applewhite and Johnny Manziel are kindred spirits.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman offers up grades for each position for Oklahoma State.
- Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World tells you about one Oklahoma State offensive lineman who tied the knot over the offseason.
- Another day, another juco commit for KU. This one is an offensive lineman.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12