Lunch links: Baylor's bowl win fallout
December, 28, 2012
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Stop eating people's old French fries, pigeon. Have some self respect. Don't you know you can fly?
- Texas' Alamo Bowl foe has a whole lot in common with its biggest ex-rival, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Baylor's first-ever bowl trip to California was a memorable one, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. He also caught up with a few of the Bears fans who made the trek to San Diego.
- Art Briles is finding ways to make his team improve late in the year, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Check out video of Geno Smith ringing the morning bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman looks at the best road teams in college football, with a few Big 12 cameos.
- Iowa State is going to look a whole lot different when Tulsa sees it in the Liberty Bowl compared to the season opener, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- West Virginia's Big East ties will offer a unique bragging rights game in the Pinstripe Bowl, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail. The Mountaineers have some "unfinished business" with Syracuse, writes Jim Butta of the Parkersburg News and Sentinel.
- Texas Tech interim coach Chris Thomsen has been the calming influence the Red Raiders needed, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The AJ's Nick Kosmider notes that Tech's offensive trio could all reach major milestones tonight.
- TCU's Gary Patterson wants more from his defense, but are the Frogs destined for a huge 2013 from the D? Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has you covered.
- Landry Jones talks with The Oklahoman about his hopes to end his career in the Cotton Bowl on a bright note.
- Iowa State has dealt with plenty of inconsistency on offense this year, but the defense has been a constant all year long.
- Kliff Kingsbury's hiring has caused Texas Tech's younger players to use these bowl practices and the game to impress, writes Jose Rodriguez of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- What was the play of the year for Kansas State? Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle invites you to weigh in.
- What's the story behind Oklahoma State losing a quarterback commit who decided to walk on at Alabama?