Lunch links: Crazy expansion ideas
January, 2, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Onward to the Fiesta.
- Bill Bender of Sporting News says the Big Ten needs an upgrade: Invite Texas and Oklahoma. Uh, good luck with that for about 50 different reasons.
- Oklahoma State is going to have a very complicated, busy offseason, writes Gina Mizell of the Oklahoman. When it comes to starting QBs, though, it's Clint Chelf's job to lose, writes The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson.
- The bowl loss provides some motivation for Iowa State to fix its problems, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register. The offseason will certainly be busy in Ames.
- Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal tells you about the up-and-comers on Kansas State's deep offensive line.
- A former Oklahoma State player had a special place for the Heart of Dallas Bowl on Tuesday, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Raider Red at Texas Tech is the national mascot of the year.
- Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star looks at the two uncharacteristic losses that relegated Oregon and K-State to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Bill Young sounds like he's ready to come back for more, and won't be retiring.
- A side effect of West Virginia's Big 12 membership? The local airport did quite well this fall.
- J.B. Smith of the Waco Tribune-Herald writes about the city's efforts to combat a traffic crunch with the construction of a new stadium.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal looks back on a season of predictions for Texas Tech. He also writes about interim coach Chris Thomsen making the most of his one opportunity.
- Collin Klein's place in K-State lore has been established, writes Bob Lutz of the Wichita Eagle.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12