Lunch links: Big 12 AD meetings updates
January, 28, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Let's keep it this warm forever.
- The Big 12 will be discussing both expansion and scheduling alliances with other leagues at this week's AD meetings. You can see commissioner Bob Bowlsby talking about expansion on the Big 12 website.
- Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News has more with Bowlsby on the prospect of expansion.
- Kolten Parker of the San Antonio Express-News has a story about how some schools monitor their student-athletes' social media use.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman profiles the newest member of Oklahoma State's coaching staff, defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements. She also writes about Quinn Sharp's effort to achieve his NFL dreams.
- Interesting note here: If President Obama had a son, would he let him play football?
- Iowa State added Chris Klenakis to its staff as the offensive line coach. He was previously at Arkansas.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman has a cool story about one Sooner commit's road to becoming an Oklahoma player. In light of the Super Bowl brotherly showdown, the Gundy brothers in Oklahoma tell Tramel about what it's like to face each other.
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald says Baylor's newest kicker commit is as excited as any he's ever talked to among players about to become Bears.
- Was Landry Jones prepared for the NFL and the Senior Bowl? John Hoover of the Tulsa World says no.
- Meanwhile, West Virginia center Joe Madsen had a good week down in Mobile.