Lunch links: TCU's ambitious recruiting hopes
February, 4, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Healthy reminder in advance of signing day: If you tweet at recruits, you need to find a more productive use of your time. If you tweet angry things at 18-year-olds because they didn't choose your school, you are the worst.
- Could a scheduling alliance lead to Big 12 expansion? History says it could happen, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The Austin American-Statesman has an interesting look inside the board of regents' thoughts on possible lawsuits against Texas and how it relates to Major Applewhite. The Statesman's Kirk Bohls offers his personal thoughts on the matter, and talks the prospect of a Big 12 bowl in Florida and more.
- Gary Patterson plans to build a fence around DFW and wants to keep the area's top prospects in the area by bringing them to Fort Worth, writes Travis L. Brown of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Baylor's new recruiting class is putting a focus on defense, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. The Bears already grabbed a couple skill position players for 2014.
- After losing A'Shawn Robinson, the pressure is on for Texas' 2013 recruiting class to fill the void. Can a small class still have the big impact another famed small class did in Austin?
- Who's left for KU to grab in what's looking like a very, very solid class for the Jayhawks? Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World examines.
- Interesting note on Oklahoma State's class: The Pokes have just one in-state commit, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. OSU also flipped a commit from Utah. More interesting stuff here on the way Twitter has changed the recruiting game.
- Baylor grabbed a speedster receiver this weekend and already has three commits for 2014.
- How high could Tavon Austin go in the upcoming draft?
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch looks back on the Big 12 South recruiting classes and grades them.
- Will Texas Tech's Seth Doege get a shot in the NFL? One former Cowboy says yes.
- Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman writes about one Oklahoma player's unique senior season that required a lot of commitment. Get to know another future Sooner who's making his name as a workaholic.
- Jarret Johnson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram tracks the recruiting pipeline up the road to TCU from an Arlington high school.
- Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal profiles one tough K-State recruit heading to Manhattan.
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury sat down for a 1-on-1 interview about a number of things.