Lunch links: OL coaching change at OU
February, 12, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Man's Best Friend ... Jerry, I want something like that on my tombstone.
- Charlie Weis announced some minor changes to his coaching staff, including some new responsibilities for Dave Campo.
- Departing Oklahoma offensive line coach James Patton reached out to an incoming recruit, but had given inklings he was on the way out. Patton's exit is proof that all is not well in Soonerville, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman, whose Jason Kersey also has three candidates to replace him.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel says Patton's departure is because of Oklahoma's mediocre running game.
- Texas is tweaking its spring football schedule.
- The University of Oklahoma has filed a lawsuit against a man for cybersquatting. That joke writes itself.
- Texas is already looking to fill holes at defensive end in its 2014 recruiting class.
- Texas Tech coaches made a stop in Midland, Texas, to talk recruiting with fans.
- Is Mark Mangino headed back to Oklahoma? John Hoover of the Tulsa World says he has too much baggage.
- Can West Virginia fill the holes left by the loss of Stedman Bailey and a strong senior class?
- Kansas State has named its team representatives for 2013.
- Kansas is going to need contributions from its walk-ons, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12