Lunch links: More Stoops staff changes
February, 13, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Somebody stand up and give the Big Ten a hand!
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has now fired three staffers, reports Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman. Two more went out the door on Tuesday. With those moves, Stoops has taken a hatchet to criticisms that he practices cronyism, writes John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- But really, was Oklahoma's running game better than ever in 2012?
- Good stuff from HornsNation's Max Olson looking at the state of the State of Texas on the recruiting trail.
- Athlon takes a look at quarterbacks on the rise, and there is a lot of Big 12 flavor in the group.
- It sounds like Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Arthur Brown's NFL stock is rising, writes Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com. He also says only one QB will hear his name called in the first round, and he's from the Big 12.
- Mike Leach talks about Texas Tech's new coaching staff and a lot of other stuff.
- Oklahoma State's coaching staff is getting younger, and that might mean it's cheaper, too, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. Gundy talks about his latest hire on the radio.
- Former Texas Tech safety Cody Davis blogs about preparing for the NFL draft.