Lunch links: QB battle at WVU
March, 6, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Brandon Chatmon from SoonerNation with today's lunch links:
- Four quarterbacks, including two freshmen, are in the mix to replace Geno Smith at West Virginia. And Dana Holgorsen insists the competition is "wide open", writes Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Baylor center Kelvin Palmer hopes to be "the best center to ever come through here." John Werner of the Waco Tribune has the story.
- Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World suggests people shouldn't count out Kansas based solely on the inexperience of the Jayhawks' offensive line.
- KU got off to a good start on its first day of spring football despite chilly conditions, writes the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- Oklahoma State lost an assistant coach to Ole Miss just days before spring practice was set to begin, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Several candidates are battling to replace Kenny Cain at linebacker for TCU. Travis Brown has the story for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.