Lunch links: Looking back on WVU Year 1
April, 4, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Who forgot to turn the heat on?
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News has some critiques about Texas coach Mack Brown's constantly changing expectations.
- Oklahoma receiver Trey Metoyer looks back on the reason why his freshman season wasn't what he hoped it would be. Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman has the story.
- The losses haven't been fun, but the move to the Big 12 was the right one, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star has some really interesting observations about KU's open practice on Tuesday.
- Sammy B is still hating Texas down in Peru.
- Iowa State has plenty of promise at tight end this season, writes Mark Emmert of the Des Moines Register.
- Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen visited Syracuse this week, reports colleague Joe Schad.
- Oklahoma State quarterback J.W. Walsh would love total control of Oklahoma State's offense, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma transfer turned KU receiver Justin McCay can finally go back to focusing on football, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel writes about Chuck Fairbanks' big impact at two old Big 8 schools.