Lunch links: Get to know Kliff Kingsbury
April, 15, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Taxin' it up today. Take care of business, y'all.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman has a couple interesting notes from Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, and profiles the new head Red Raider who's already turning heads.
- West Virginia will rebid its Tier 3 multimedia rights after the attorney general found "significant errors" in the procurement process, but no intentional wrongdoing.
- Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett is bouncing back from a difficult early start to his career, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. She also explains why Josh Stewart may be the Big 12's best returning receiver, but Mike Gundy wants to use him less. (For the record, I don't think that's a crazy idea.)
- Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle weighs in on Bob Stoops' comments and the NCAA.
- Interesting story here from Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle about a tough decision from Kansas State linebacker Blake Slaughter that's paying off in 2013, and writes about Collin Klein's refusal to change positions at the next level.
- Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette has a story on an intriguing position change in Morgantown, and there was no big farewell when Geno Smith left the team for the NFL.
- Kansas quarterback Jake Heaps gives the Jayhawks plenty of hope for the future, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Look out for plenty of pistol in Iowa State's offensive arsenal this season, writes Luke Meredith of the Associated Press.
- Kansas' receivers finally broke through, and are hoping it's a sign of what's to come this fall, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal writes about Tech's defense's night from its latest scrimmage.
- Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen is transferring to Syracuse, reports colleague Joe Schad.
- The Tulsa World's John Hoover says to expect more mobility from the Sooners' new quarterback.
- Iowa State's offensive line is calling themselves "the union." The experienced group has paid their dues and wants a big 2013, writes Mark Emmert of the Des Moines Register.
- The Kansas' duo chasing their NFL dreams caught up with Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:15 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State