Lunch links: Geno Smith and 'the black tax'
April, 23, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Better luck next time, Grizz.
- Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranks the college football coaches from top to bottom. I disagree with a lot of these.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman has a good look at the winners and losers with the ACC's grant of rights deal.
- Geno Smith is only the latest quarterback who's been forced to pay "the black tax," writes Jarrett Bell of USA Today.
- Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World writes about Oklahoma's offensive line's efforts to help raise money for cancer research, and their teammate who's winning his battle with the disease.
- Athlon ranks the Big 12 running backs.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel writes about Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert's change of attitude.
- West Virginia OC Shannon Dawson is trying to strengthen his relationship with his quarterbacks, but could WVU be leaning a lot more on a powerful running game this year?
- Can I interest you in a Kansas State football hype video?
- Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman is writing about Iowa State's fight to reach the next level in the Big 12.
- Texas Tech has crowned its new Masked Rider. Leana Solis of the Daily Toreador was there for the hallowed ceremony.
- Kansas State's defensive line is depleted, but Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal writes about the efforts to rebuild it.
- The Lawrence Journal-World looks at Kansas' biggest position of strength.
- Stats don't mean much for NFL-bound receiver Chris Harper from Kansas State, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.