Lunch links: NFL dreams becoming real
April, 26, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Just complete insanity.
- Florida State QB EJ Manuel says West Virginia QB Geno Smith was one of the first people to come give him a hug after he was drafted, writes USA Today's Jim Corbett.
- Kansas State is sure that its new stadium upgrades will be ready by the time the season starts, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- The Cotton Bowl's president says he's overwhelmed at finally getting back into major bowl status, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Robert Mays at Grantland writes about Tavon Austin and the future of skill position players in the NFL.
- Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman profiles Kenny Stills in advance of his NFL dreams coming true.
- How will the College Football Playoff selection committee be decided? Good question, writes George Schroeder of USA Today.
- Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal writes about QB Jake Waters' trying to pick up the offense at K-State.
- Ben Glickman of Sports Illustrated writes about West Virginia's rebuilding project.
- Where will Texas finish in the Big 12 next season? A panel of Athlon writers weigh in.