Lunch links: Getting a leg up on the Big 12
May, 1, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Hope you guys enjoyed the team-by-team spring wraps today. More to come this afternoon.
- Kansas State running back Robert Rose wants to parlay his big day at the spring game to a big fall, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Baylor coach Art Briles says Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas have a leg up on the rest of the Big 12. He explains why.
- Two-time Biletnikoff Award winner and Oklahoma State star Justin Blackmon has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman says he's jeopardizing his career.
- With realignment cooling down, who won the game of musical chairs? Matt Brown of Sports On Earth weighs in. The results weren't kind for the Big 12.
- Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes about TCU's drafted duo's differing roads to the NFL.
- Athlon ranks the best 50 running backs of the BCS Era, and the Big 12 is definitely all over the list.
- Former West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith has fired his agents, but he says it's not because he dropped in the draft.
- A pair of Denton stars are looking to keep their run going at Kansas State, writes Ben Baby of the Dallas Morning News.
- Chuck McGill of the Charleston Daily Mail says history isn't on undersized Tavon Austin's side.