Lunch links: More Big 12 2013 projections
May, 8, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Giving up a 30-2 run: Not advisable in the NBA playoffs.
- Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says Gary Patterson has perfected the art of nonconference scheduling. (Couldn't agree more with this.)
- SI.com's Andy Staples released his preseason top 25 and has TCU leading the way for the Big 12 and no Oklahoma State.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman tells you what his Hall of Fame induction means for Rod Shoate's family, and asks if Bob Stoops made a fair point about the SEC.
- Baylor reached another milestone in the plans to build its new stadium.
- Geno Smith's vulnerability is attracting bullies. Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com doesn't like bullies very much.
- New Kansas assistant Kale Pick's old teammates think he'll make a great coach, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- The Dallas Morning News looks at five questions for Texas Tech.
- Clint Trickett shook up the West Virginia quarterback race, writes Jim Butta of the Parkersburg News and Sentinel.