Lunch links: Lunt, Saban replies to Stoops
May, 10, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Stay away from the darkest timeline, folks.
- Bob Stoops is fighting a losing battle complaining about the SEC, but he has some points, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. He also weighed in on Wes Lunt's transfer.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban fired back at Stoops on Thursday, saying some of the criticism is because of animosity in the wake of the SEC's success. "Well, we don’t play everybody in the Big 12 or whatever it is, so I really don’t know much about their league,” Saban said. “We have a lot of respect for what they do at Oklahoma, and I really don’t think that people that don’t play in our league really don’t understand the quality of our league from top to bottom."
- Colleague Travis Haney has some thoughts on what Stoops may have been angling to do.
- CBSSports' Dennis Dodd has five Big 12 teams in his preseason top 25.
- Geno Smith's issues with entering the NFL are about a generational gap, not personality problems, writes colleague Jemele Hill.
- Who will have more wins in 2013: Texas or Oklahoma? Interesting debate from Athlon.
- Oklahoma grabbed a commit for 2013 from the junior college ranks.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman talked with Wes Lunt's high school coach about his decision to transfer.
- Oklahoma offensive linemen Bronson Irwin and Gabe Ikard attended a very special prom in Oklahoma. Great story.