Lunch links: Dan Beebe's big buyout
May, 15, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
May is the worst month of the year for college football.
- Ex-Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe got about $5 million in buyout money after being pushed out by the league, writes Rachel Bachman of the Wall Street Journal. Holy cow.
- Big Ten teams are looking to bolster their nonconference schedules. Could Iowa State benefit?
- Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World has some interesting thoughts on OSU's quarterback situation after Wes Lunt's exit.
- This will be fun.
- Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com writes about Oklahoma State DC Glenn Spencer's recent engagement to a familiar face for college football fans.
- Can money buy happiness for West Virginia in the Big 12? Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian weighs in.