Lunch links: Big 12 media days roundup
July, 22, 2013
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Hope you're enjoying our live coverage of media days this morning. We'll be here all afternoon, too.
- Moral of the story, kids: If you're a college football player and you're robbing someone, don't wear team gear with your number on it. That, or just don't rob people. Good grief.
- Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has some truths in a murky Big 12 preseason. Meanwhile, Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman tackles 10 questions we'll have answers to this week.
- Iowa State's budget is a fraction of many of the Big 12's, so how do the Cyclones compete? Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register crunched some numbers.
- Gale Sayers has served as inspiration for new Jayhawk Cassius Sendish, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World. And up is the only place for KU football to go. There's five questions for doing it.
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury sits down with the Dallas Morning News.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman has a few questions surrounding Oklahoma State heading into media days.
- Many of Iowa State DC Wally Burnham's peers have retired, but he keeps coaching. Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune explains why.
- A few key Texas players are banged up and will be limited for camp, but none are expected to miss time.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman has a closer look at Blake Bell and his rise to Oklahoma's starting quarterback spot.