Lunch links: Preseason camps are live
August, 5, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
This is amazing, and I hardly even like this band.
- Mike Gundy talked a bit about his coaches ballot and says he won't favor Big 12 teams. His lawsuit versus a builder who wore an OU sweatshirt will go to a jury.
- Kliff Kingsbury said he was going to make camp a little more fun. He proved it on reporting day, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Mack Brown sounded confident when meeting with reporters in advance of fall camp on Sunday, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Three Big 12 games made Yahoo's Pat Forde's list of the 25 most intriguing, and a few others just missed the cut.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman profiles Oklahoma State's secret weapon.
- Bob Stoops sees big things in the future for Julian Wilson and Charles Tapper. The Sooners hauled in a big-time prospect over the weekend, too.
- Really nice pickup for TCU over the weekend, beating out Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Ole Miss for offensive lineman Ty Barrett.
- Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal World profiles Kansas DT Keon Stowers and his difficult road that saw him mature into a man. The Jayhawk also dropped one of the funniest anecdotes of the entire offseason about how Jadeveon Clowney got the nickname "Doo Doo."
- What will the pistol mean for Iowa State's offense? Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register tried to find out.
- Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian looks at Ivan McCartney's second chance in Morgantown.
- Get a closer look at Texas' Fan Appreciation Day.
- Texas Tech's Bradley Marquez is off the baseball field as a Met and rejoining his Red Raiders teammates.
- Kansas State center B.J. Finney found himself in a tough spot a few years ago. He's fought to get to this point now, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- West Virginia receiver Kevin White saw what Stedman Bailey did and wondered if he could do the same.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman talked to Aaron Colvin about his decision to return for his senior season.
- OSU's opener against Mississippi State changes a lot during the offseason, and Cowboys receiver Tracy Moore has his strategy for staying out of trouble.
- Get a look inside Day 1 of Baylor's preseason camp.